It is no secret that I am a huge Beatles fan, and long ago I thought it would be a great idea to cover some of their songs.
To me covers, mean discipline, and to reproduce them very closely to the original one is much more challenging than adding “your twist”.
I think great artists know how to imitate and once they have that down, they can fork to their own style.
The idea with this, also was to have no computer corrections, what was played, was what was used. Otherwise I’d be lying to myself.
So, my love Abbey Road and the fact that this is such a rich song that gave me the chance to play many guitars, a bass, strings, brass, piano, and drums.
The gear I used was:
- 2008 Cherry Heritage Les Paul Gibson Standard
- Modded Epiphone Les Paul (With P94 and Alnico II pickups)
- 60th Anniversary Blonde Fender Telecaster.
- Hofner B Series Violin Bass
- Mark Bass Little Mark 250
- TC Helicon VoiceCreate XT
- MXL 990L microphone
- VOX AC30 stack
- OCD Overdrive
- Snark Tuner
- MXR m108 Eq
- TC Flashback delay
- Presonus Firestudio
- Casio Piano CDP 120
- Roland TD-4 Drumkit
- Komplete 7 (for the strings)
I thought it would be fun and a total of 6 hours and 16 tracks later, I am proud to show this: